Sunday, July 12, 2009
Commencement 2009
My life as an SMU student officially ends here. I would say my journey in SMU had a lot of ups and downs but I ended up learning a lot and growing in maturity.
I remembered going for the pre univerisity admission medical check up with Jean. It was really a funny experience. Apparantly Jean was so nervous that she was unable to produce the urine sample required for the test. I waited for her for almost 30 minutes. The nurse could not find us as we hid in the toilet and accuse us of going shopping instead of waiting for our turn to be called! Haha.. We were stun! And time flies! Now the both of us had graduated.
My first year in University had been a great struggle for me. Being in a class of outspoken and smart people had never failed to make me feel inferior of myself. I fear speaking up in class as I was worried about saying the wrong things. All I was good at was MUGGING, which I thought might help to compensate my low class participation marks.
In my second year in SMU, I learned how to speak up more in class. However, presenting confidently in front of a crowd was still a big struggle. I never fail to prepare Q card for every presentations. I remembered that it was also an emotional year for me as everything in my life seemed to have failed. I struggled through as well and I started to learn more about myself.
I am glad to say that I have overcame my fear in class participating and presenting to a crowd in my third year in SMU. I had a great time doing an exchange program in NTU. I get to meet people who loves to sing in my music class and we frequent K box for our singing sessions! I would say my third year in SMU was quite a pleasant one as I made many friends!
I treasured my final year in SMU. I started to cherish the very last projects what I am able to embark on my good friends in SMU. At the same time, I also made friends with quite a few juniors during that semester as I cleared some of my more basic modules. It was great just constantly keeping touch with them.
These are some of the photos taken during my commencement. I appreciate these people for being part of my journey in SMU!
(Me and Laura)
(Yvonne, Me and Jacqueline)
(Me and Weihui)
(Jialing, Esther, Christine, Weihui and I)
(Me and Vina)
(Me and Ying Zhi)
(Me and Fiona)
(Me and Karen)
(Me and Jacqueline)
(Carol and I)
(Min Er, Jacqueline, Yvonne and I)
(Me, Yvonne, Dave, Serene Sim and Serene Seah)
(Alvin and I)
(My family!)
(Me and Mum)
(Me and Sis)
(Jialing and I)
(Me and Edwin)
(My SMU Buddies!)
(Hat throwing session)
(Shi Wei and I)
(Thanx for the cake)
Each an everyone of them had made a difference in my life in SMU. I would say that my journey in SMU is a fruitful one as I have definitely grown so much in campus. Life in the working world is filled with challenges. I hope that I will be able to overcome the various challenges that I might face in the future.
I remembered going for the pre univerisity admission medical check up with Jean. It was really a funny experience. Apparantly Jean was so nervous that she was unable to produce the urine sample required for the test. I waited for her for almost 30 minutes. The nurse could not find us as we hid in the toilet and accuse us of going shopping instead of waiting for our turn to be called! Haha.. We were stun! And time flies! Now the both of us had graduated.
My first year in University had been a great struggle for me. Being in a class of outspoken and smart people had never failed to make me feel inferior of myself. I fear speaking up in class as I was worried about saying the wrong things. All I was good at was MUGGING, which I thought might help to compensate my low class participation marks.
In my second year in SMU, I learned how to speak up more in class. However, presenting confidently in front of a crowd was still a big struggle. I never fail to prepare Q card for every presentations. I remembered that it was also an emotional year for me as everything in my life seemed to have failed. I struggled through as well and I started to learn more about myself.
I am glad to say that I have overcame my fear in class participating and presenting to a crowd in my third year in SMU. I had a great time doing an exchange program in NTU. I get to meet people who loves to sing in my music class and we frequent K box for our singing sessions! I would say my third year in SMU was quite a pleasant one as I made many friends!
I treasured my final year in SMU. I started to cherish the very last projects what I am able to embark on my good friends in SMU. At the same time, I also made friends with quite a few juniors during that semester as I cleared some of my more basic modules. It was great just constantly keeping touch with them.
These are some of the photos taken during my commencement. I appreciate these people for being part of my journey in SMU!
(Me and Laura)
(Yvonne, Me and Jacqueline)
(Me and Weihui)
(Jialing, Esther, Christine, Weihui and I)
(Me and Vina)
(Me and Ying Zhi)
(Me and Fiona)
(Me and Karen)
(Me and Jacqueline)
(Carol and I)
(Min Er, Jacqueline, Yvonne and I)
(Me, Yvonne, Dave, Serene Sim and Serene Seah)
(Alvin and I)
(My family!)
(Me and Mum)
(Me and Sis)
(Jialing and I)
(Me and Edwin)
(My SMU Buddies!)
(Hat throwing session)
(Shi Wei and I)
(Thanx for the cake)Each an everyone of them had made a difference in my life in SMU. I would say that my journey in SMU is a fruitful one as I have definitely grown so much in campus. Life in the working world is filled with challenges. I hope that I will be able to overcome the various challenges that I might face in the future.