Thursday, March 12, 2009

 
Time flies and I am ¾ done with the peak season already. I would say auditing is not too bad afterall. Perhaps I was lucky to be booked on jobs that do not require me to work for extremely long hours. But then going on S.T. (an online msn system in my company) is extremely scary and dangerous.

This is something that took place last week when I went on S.T.
P: Sherine, do you know Malay?
Sherine: Me ah? Hmmm.. Very very basic as I ever took a basic course at NTU
P: Great!
Sherine: Why leh?
P: Give me the name of your manager and *** on the job
Sherine: Ok
P: Check your email (cc 2 managers and all the team members on another job)
Sherine: Ok

Email reads:
“Hi ** and **, Sherine understands and reads Malay, as such she is also needed for a particular job as Malay is required to understand the supporting documents. Can she concurrently work on 2 jobs? For your approval, thanks!”

Continue with S.T. conversation:
Sherine: Hey!! I can only understand the very very basic Malay, as such, I do not think I can interpret Malay supporting documents.
P: Do not worry, can surely can! (WAH!! Since when a “P” know I can when she dun even know the extent of my knowledge in Malay? Pengzzzzz)

After that, I immediately went offline as I regretted going on S.T. I felt stress as I was not even ¼ done with my current job as client was on leave and I could not do most of my work. I knew I had to find ways to reject getting involved in another assignment and work concurrently with my current assignment.

I picked up courage and emailed back the “P” (cc 2 managers and all the team members on the job).

Email reads:
“Hey, as mentioned earlier, my knowledge of Malay is too basic, as such I do not think I am able to assist in this job. So sorry about it!”

Felt so relieved as she did not look for me liao.

Lesson learnt: Do not go on S.T. as it is so dangerous. MSN is still the safest.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?