Saturday, July 23, 2005
I miss home. Really I do
I was at my orientation camp for the past few days. At first I was very reluctant to go esp after hearing so many things from people who went for first run. It was very tedious but then it is one of the most enriching camps that I ever been to. I will never regret going to such a camp where by I really learn so much.
[First day]
Dragged myself to the camp as I hate the feeling to engage myself in social interaction especially in a totally unfamiliar surrounding and having literally no friends in SMU yet. I met some of my OG and was trying to make up some conversation to talk. It was damn fake lor. I thought I just wanna stone. Then we proceeded to play some field games. Think it is the same few boring stuff which makes me feel so bored. Soon lunch was served. It was yucky. Not edible. So I threw away quite a lot of the food. Then we played Blind-Fold square and spiderweb. I enjoyed myself for these 2 games esp after I get to know my OG better after lunch. Wow, think spiderweb is a game which really require a lot of perseverance. I really apprecite the guys there for their hard work. We felt quite helpless as they are the ones who supported us through. Many times when we are about to succeed, something will crop up and they will have to lift us up all over again. We were overjoyed when we finally succeed. We came together to talk about our feelings of these games. Still not used to it about penning all my thoughts and feelings down and share it with the group. But this is the culture there, you just need to voice out your views so that team work among us can be improved.
[2nd day]
Went for some high element games like rock climbing. Yay, I finally know how to go about doing it. It really gave me a great sense of satisfaction when I get to clear at least half. But as my shoes was very slippery, I could not grip the knob well. I slipped and fell. Luckily they were quick to support me. Then I tried a bit again. Then gave up.
Then we walk for 5km from Cdans to Chinese garden. While doing so we had to play amazing race with all our belongings and sleeping bags. All our shoulders were aching when we finally reach Chinese Garden.
Then when night approaches we played Asshole Daidi. Interesting version of it. Thor's invention. Then we started playing many other games. Played murderer and Mafia too.
[3rd day]
Very muddy day. But fun. Got to do dragon boating and making our own raft and roll on he water. That is so cool. Our raft dismantled when I was in the water. I started to sink into the mud. Got a hard time taking my foot up from the mud. Then survival hunt. So fun for this. And we got second for that. bOOOOOOOOOOO. Activities after activities.
Wow, so tired. Gonna sleep
[First day]
Dragged myself to the camp as I hate the feeling to engage myself in social interaction especially in a totally unfamiliar surrounding and having literally no friends in SMU yet. I met some of my OG and was trying to make up some conversation to talk. It was damn fake lor. I thought I just wanna stone. Then we proceeded to play some field games. Think it is the same few boring stuff which makes me feel so bored. Soon lunch was served. It was yucky. Not edible. So I threw away quite a lot of the food. Then we played Blind-Fold square and spiderweb. I enjoyed myself for these 2 games esp after I get to know my OG better after lunch. Wow, think spiderweb is a game which really require a lot of perseverance. I really apprecite the guys there for their hard work. We felt quite helpless as they are the ones who supported us through. Many times when we are about to succeed, something will crop up and they will have to lift us up all over again. We were overjoyed when we finally succeed. We came together to talk about our feelings of these games. Still not used to it about penning all my thoughts and feelings down and share it with the group. But this is the culture there, you just need to voice out your views so that team work among us can be improved.
[2nd day]
Went for some high element games like rock climbing. Yay, I finally know how to go about doing it. It really gave me a great sense of satisfaction when I get to clear at least half. But as my shoes was very slippery, I could not grip the knob well. I slipped and fell. Luckily they were quick to support me. Then I tried a bit again. Then gave up.
Then we walk for 5km from Cdans to Chinese garden. While doing so we had to play amazing race with all our belongings and sleeping bags. All our shoulders were aching when we finally reach Chinese Garden.
Then when night approaches we played Asshole Daidi. Interesting version of it. Thor's invention. Then we started playing many other games. Played murderer and Mafia too.
[3rd day]
Very muddy day. But fun. Got to do dragon boating and making our own raft and roll on he water. That is so cool. Our raft dismantled when I was in the water. I started to sink into the mud. Got a hard time taking my foot up from the mud. Then survival hunt. So fun for this. And we got second for that. bOOOOOOOOOOO. Activities after activities.
Wow, so tired. Gonna sleep